- Corporate Partners
- Dining Room
- Ethics Opinions
- Office Space / Career Center
- Language Line
- Lawyer Referral
- Membership Directory
- Nassau Lawyer
- NCBA Staff Directory
- Speakers Bureau
- We Care
If you think you need a lawyer, chances are you do. People often postpone getting legal help because they do not know a lawyer or are unsure of how to choose one.
The Nassau County Bar Association established the Lawyer Referral Information Service (LRIS) to provide trained personalized assistance to help you find the right lawyer for your legal issue.
There are more than 500 participating private practice attorneys on the panel who have experience in all areas of the law. All are in good standing with the New York State Office of Court Administration. It is important that you seek competent legal assistance before your situation becomes a serious problem. DON’T DELAY!
1. Simply call the Lawyer Referral Service at 516-747-4832 or email email@example.com for assistance. In your email, include your name and a contact phone number so that a staff member can speak with you directly.
2. The nature of your situation is quickly evaluated by trained personnel and you are given the phone number of a lawyer. In some cases you may be referred to an agency or other organization that may be able to help you. All information remains completely confidential.
3. You contact the attorney to set up an appointment.
4. You meet with the attorney where you are given an initial half hour consultation for a nominal fee ($50). Be sure to bring all documents and information relating to your legal case to this meeting.
5. If your issue cannot be resolved at this meeting, or additional legal work is called for, you may make arrangements with the lawyer for additional services and fees.
If you have a problem but aren’t sure where to turn, don’t hesitate to call Nassau County Bar Association Lawyer Referral!