The Nassau Academy of Law
The Nassau Academy of Law (NAL), the educational arm of the Nassau County Bar Association, is the accredited provider of continuing legal education by the New York State CLE Board, and one of the largest providers of CLE classes on Long Island. All programs sponsored by the NAL are approved for Mandatory CLE (MCLE) credit and are held at Domus, the Bar Association’s headquarters in Mineola. CLE credits may be earned by attending the scheduled classes, or purchasing CDs and DVDs.
The Nassau Academy of Law Advisory Board, led by the Dean of the Academy, directs all activities of the Academy.
Join the Domus Scholar Circle
NCBA members can purchase as many 1, 2, and 3 credit CLE courses for one low annual fee of just $219. Programs include Dean's Hours and committee meetings. Click here for more information and to download an application.
Location: All courses are held at the NCBA’s headquarters Domus, 15th and West Streets, Mineola, NY. , unless otherwise indicated. Directions.
Register early to reserve seating and written materials. We can only guarantee a seat/ materials for those who are pre-registered.
Written Materials: - Program materials will be available to download, free of charge, to all participants. Materials may be brought to the program or accessed on your laptop or other mobile device (free Wi-Fi is available at Domus). If you choose not to download materials, they will be available at the program for an additional fee.
Refunds: - Cancellations must be received 24 hours before the seminar. Refunds will not be issued after the program.
Tuition Assistance: - Financial assistance, based on need is available. Call (516) 747-4464 no later than two weeks before the program for financial guidelines and arrangements.
Accommodations: - If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations to attend a seminar, please contact the Nassau Academy of Law at least two weeks in advance (516) 747-4464.
Seminar Schedules: - Topics and speakers are subject to change without notice.
MCLE Credit In Other States: - Nassau Academy of Law seminars qualify for CLE credit in other states. Contact that state's CLE Office for information.
• Attorneys will receive certificates of attendance at the completion of all seminars.
• Attorneys must attend a CLE program or a specific session of a longer program in its entirety in order to receive CLE credit.
• It is the responsibility of each attorney to maintain records of attendance at CLE seminars to certify compliance as part of their biennial registration.
• Requirements may be fulfilled through CD’s or DVD’s, which can be ordered by calling 516-747-4464.
Attorneys Admitted Less Than 2 Years
• 32 bridge the gap hours (minimum) over the two years.
• 3 hours of Ethics and Professionalism each year. (Ethics credits cannot be carried over)
• 6 hours of skills each year.
• 7 hours of Professional Practice (substantive) and Practice Management (ethics and professionalism and skills components may be intertwined) each year.
• 8 hours may be carried over the first year, and 6 hours may be carried over the second year to the regular biennial reporting cycle.
• Requirements may not be fulfilled through CD’s or DVD’s,
Attorneys Admitted More Than 2 Years
• 24 hours of CLE courses every 2 years and certify compliance as part of their biennial registration statement.
• 4 hours of Ethics.
• 20 hours of Professional Practice/Practice Management each cycle.
• 6 hours may be carried over from one reporting cycle to the next (including ethics).
• Requirements may be fulfilled through CD’s or DVD’s, which can be ordered online.
• To find out your biennial reporting date contact the Office of Court Administration, P.O. Box 2806, Church Street Station, New York, NY 10008, (212) 428-2800, www.nycourts.gov/attorneys.
Suggest Future CLE Topics
The Nassau Academy of Law would like to hear from you if you have ideas or suggestions for future topics for CLE courses, or to improve our services. Call 516-747-4464 or email email@example.com.